Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Body Worlds Exhibitions

Body Worlds Exhibitions at the Fabbrica del Vapore in Milan



I even didn’t know about the exhibition and never heard neither, I was just going around that street to kill some time. Suddenly when I saw that long queue in front of the Fabbrica del Vapore I decided to visit the exhibition. I didn’t know what to except until I went there.  What was The Body Worlds’ about? It's about simulating the inner work with real human bodies belonged to people who declared during their lifetime that their bodies should be made available after their deaths for the qualification of physicians and the instruction of laypersons. The method used by Gunther Von Hagens, is called Plastification, and to be honest I’m not able to explain the process. Google can help you out for sure! It was amazing to see how the heart and mind work wonderfully together to make the human beings unique. We are special!!! The exhibition was not only giving information about the human body, Gunther Von Hagens, has perfectly combined the anatomy with psychology: feelings. This is what made it extraordinary!!!, Everyone should see it once, suitable for all ages. If you have a medical background like me, then it is really cool. The entrance ticket was quite expensive, € 20.00 but if you think the work behind you can easily understand also the reason. While going through the tour take your time to read all the captions because those interesting figures are matched to some interesting information which helped me to feel that fantastic moment, that really have completed my experience with the Body Worlds. The main museum is based in Amsterdam so if you are planning a trip there then I highly reccomend it, not only because informative but specially for its underlinying theme.


 










No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your feedback

Most wanted