Here is my collection of suggestions for getting the best out of your time in Bruges.
- Flibco busses are running regularly from Bruxelles Charleroi airport to the bus terminal of Bruges. You can easily buy the tickets at the right corner of the airport itself for 21 euros per person. While purchasing it online you spend 17 euros per person so you save up to 4 euros. In case you didn't buy them already before departure, you can do it upon your arrival in Bruxelles, connecting your mobile to the free wifi offered by the airport.
- When you reach Bruges, the bus will leave you on the back side of the terminal. There is no need of taxi from there, you just have to cross the terminal to get to the main entrance. From there it takes about 10 minutes walk to reach the old city center.
- Remember that all the activities close at 5pm. And most of them close also for lunch break from 12.30 to 2.30 pm. So in case you want to visit something you better organize yourself.
- Avoid visiting the Holy Blood Church during the mass. They just allow you to stay close to the main entrance so you can see nothing.
- The chocolate shop in Walstraat 1 seems to be the best one in the city. Worth tasting it.