Tuesday, 4 July 2017

A small piece of Provence in Bologna

Lavender Valley of Rodiano (Lavanda Val di Pozzo )

It is located just some km from the city of Bologna and it is really interesting for those ones with photographic interest. Azienda Agricola Val del Pozzo has started cultivating lavender some years ago and they now produce oils and soaps to their visitors. We went there on Sunday evening. Sadly there are no boards or signs with indications so we had to stop several times in order to get the correct direction from the people around. For this reason it took a while to reach the place but was not difficult at all. At a certain point we had to leave our vehicle, we walked about 1 km through the unpaved road until the valley. There were plenty of people there! Some of them with ceremony dresses and shoes in order to take a great profile picture for their Facebook page. So many photographers taking pictures here and there. It had been a pleasant way to spend a different evening. If you are living close to Bologna you should visit this place during its flowering days which goes from the first to the fifteenth of July.




 


 

17 comments:

  1. The picture has so much of lavendar inside it. The blue colour automatically transports you to that flower. Is it the dog in the picture? It is looking at you so keenly, as if it wants to say something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks like a really beautiful place. I bet the smell too was really awesome as lavender has a pleasant scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lavender field has such a great view. It must have been so great to stroll through it. I would love to visit here one day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! I never knew that this existed. Thanks so much for sharing . It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so beautiful. I am sure it is a great relaxing way to spend a day. Are you allowed to walk in the fields ? The smell would be wondorous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we could walk In the fields . There are pathways between the rows

      Delete
  6. Lavender fields are really a thing of beauty. Always associated them with Provence. But I see that there is piece of this enchanting beauty in Bologna also. Loved the pics, they bring alive the colour and vibrancy stunningly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniela Miovska7 July 2017 at 04:45

    It looks like heaven to me, and the lavender just adds to my point. Italy is such a beautiful and abundant country, there is beauty in every corner. I would love to visit this piece of heaven one day. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same sensation as well. Seemed to me a piece of heaven!

      Delete
  8. I've always dreamt about lavender fields in France. Still haven't been. Beautiful photos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colorful fields can do so much for a country's landscape! I love the likes of rapeseed & lavender (& purple is one of my favorite colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photos and details of your post! Definitely another place to add to my never ending travel bucketlist hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a lovely place! I love all the shades of lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those lavender fields in Bologna! It's a beautiful photogenic piece of
    Provance indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so beautiful!! I still haven't seen a lavender field in bloom, I really need to fix that...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm, makes me miss my hometown. So much full of flowers and so serene. Indeed. Bologna is an instagrammable place to be . x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Lavender fields are a good place for instagram photos too! <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your feedback

Most wanted